Salary Range: $63,792 / yearly
The Patrol Officer is responsible for a variety of duties that are necessary to fulfill the Police Department’s mission. All duties must be performed in an effective, efficient and safe manner that will foster the public’s confidence and trust. This position demands special qualifications and proficiency in certain skills and abilities of a physical, mental and technical nature. As a condition of employment in the status of this position, all patrol officers must be able to perform the entire list of duties as outlined in this job description. In addition you must be motivated to accept new challenges and finding creative solutions, take ownership and pride by demonstrating the Town of Little Elm’s Core Values of Integrity, Customer Service, Efficiency and Innovation.
All patrol officers must possess, at a minimum, the following qualifications:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must possess an active Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Police Officer license.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency certificate.
- Must be able to proficiently read and write the English language and pass a 12th grade Reading/Writing proficiency and comprehension test.
- Must have demonstrated a positive work history with a good attendance record.
- Must possess and maintain a good credit history and financial record.
- Must meet health standards not to pose a risk to health or safety of others in the workplace, or to persons they come into contact with while in the performance of duty. This risk shall include infections or communicable diseases deemed a medical high threat, and dysfunctional mental or psychological disorders. Assessment of risk to the health and safety of others will be based upon reasonable medical opinion and judgment.
- Must possess adequate vision and pass the department vision tests. Must possess 20/20 corrected vision and 20/200 uncorrected.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Before appointment must possess an active Peace Officer License from T.C.O.L.E.
- Must possess a valid Texas Class C driver’s License.