Salary: $22.50 Hourly.
This position performs general police functions in the prevention of crime, protection of life and property, and apprehension of criminal offenders through the enforcement of laws and ordinances, and the maintenance of community order through the performance of numerous human services as well as providing general information and assistance to the public.
- Operates and maintains assigned police vehicle.
- Patrols City streets and participates in crime control duties.
- Makes security checks on personal, City, and business property.
- Responds to a wide variety of calls and complaints, and requests for assistance.
- Maintains community order by responding to calls and situations which may escalate from minor disputes (social crises or personal problems) to community disorders, and resolves these, insofar as possible, through application of personal skills or through referral to appropriate social agencies.
- Apprehends and subdues suspects.
- Pursues and stops speeders and suspected felons.
- Investigates and stops disturbances, domestic and group.
- Enforces City Codes and Ordinances.
- Issues warnings and citations and makes arrests.
- Issues summonses and serves subpoenas and warrants.
- Searches subjects and confiscates property.
- Maintains surveillance of known criminals or persons suspected of criminal activities.
- Oversees custody, care, and control of prisoners.
- Transports and books prisoners.
- Secures and searches crime scenes for clues and evidence and preserves and correlates evidence.
- Reconstructs criminal events.
- Locates and interviews witnesses and victims.
- Interrogates subjects and suspects.
- Records statements.
- Prepares cases against suspects.
- Enforces traffic laws.
- Investigates traffic accidents, determines cause, and fills out accident reports.
- Directs traffic.
- Provides first aid, CPR, and/or NARCAN and AED administration or obtains necessary medical or other types of assistance needed.
- Fills out complaint reports and writes notes and other types of correspondence and reports.
- Associate’s degree (waiving requirement until November 1, 2023) in a related field and must meet all State Police Minimum Standards requirements as authorized in F.S. 943.13.
- Language skill or four (4) years of military service may be substituted for the degree. Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered for the minimum qualifications.
- Possession of a valid Class “E” Florida Drivers License and compliance with vehicle use policy requirements, Section 8.15(c) in the City’s Personnel Manual.
- Florida Basic Law Enforcement Certification and maintenance of minimum certification requirements.
- Maintenance of any certifications currently held for law enforcement, including periodic in-service training and weaponry qualifications, which are deemed relevant to the Law enforcement function, as agreed upon at the time of hiring.