February 24, 2023 4:00 PM
SALARY: Starting $59,280.00 per year; after 5 years $81,681.60 per year *
*Lateral entry may increase salaries for qualified officers
PARTIAL DUTIES: Police officers protect the lives, safety, property, and peace of the citizens of Lancaster by enforcement of municipal, state, and federal laws and regulations, by providing education, information, and assistance in matters both routine and critical, and performing police duties at public activities, emergencies, and disasters.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education minimum is graduation from a standard senior high school or its equivalent; ability to read and write understandably in the English language; ability to make written reports; ability to pass such medical, physical and agility standards and tests as prescribed from time to time; high moral standards; industry; integrity; alertness; weight in proportion to height; ability to pass physical examination prescribed by the commission.
AGE: No person shall be eligible to receive an original appointment to a police department as a police officer, subject to the Civil Service Laws of the State of Ohio, unless they have reached the age of twenty-one (21).
EXTRA CREDIT: The following adjustments shall be made to the scores of applicants on condition that they pass the entry level examination at 70% or above:
(1) Candidates who have a valid Ohio Peace Officer Training certification, or other state’s equivalent will receive additional credit of 30%. Applicant must submit a photocopy of a valid Peace Officer’s Certificate at the time of filing.
(2) 5% additional credit will be granted to Out-of-State Police Officers with
the same conditions as above applying.
(3) 10% additional credit will be granted for a job related bachelor’s degree
from an accredited college or university. Applicant must attach a copy of diploma or transcript.
(4) Any person who has completed service in the uniformed services, who has been honorably discharged from the uniformed services or transferred to the reserve with evidence of satisfactory service, and who is a resident of this state and any member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard, who has completed more than one hundred eighty days of active duty service pursuant to an executive order of the president of the United States or an act of the congress of the United States may file with their application a certificate of service or honorable discharge, and, upon this filing, the person shall receive additional credit of 20%. A person who receives an additional credit under this section shall not receive an additional credit under (5) below.
(5) A member in good standing of a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio National Guard, who successfully completes the member’s initial entry-level training, shall receive additional credit of 15%.