Police Officer Trainee
Salary: $6,053.00 – $7,726.00 Monthly.
Under general supervision, will perform law enforcement, crime prevention and other duties related to the position as required.
The Police Trainee will be receiving training for eventual appointment as a Police Officer within the Gardena Police Department. Until appointment as a Police Officer, the Trainee is a non-sworn position performing civilian police training work and attending a P.O.S.T certified basic academy.
- 21 years at time of appointment to Step 1.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent G.E.D. Certificate.
- U.S. citizen or must have applied for U.S. citizenship in compliance with Section 1031.5 of the Government Code.
- Applicants must have the capacity both mentally and physically to perform the essential duties of a Gardena Police Officer as determined by a qualified psychologist and/or medical examiner.
- Must possess a valid Class “C” California Driver’s License, or if licensed in another state, be capable of securing the required California license.