Police Officer Trainee
This trainee position, under direct supervision, learns and performs law enforcement and crime prevention activities. This is the entrance level of the Police Officer career progression. Successfully trained employees will leave this classification for the Police Office/Investigator upon receipt of POST Certification.
$36,545.60 – $49,316.80
December 22, 2021
1. Be a United States citizen
2. Be at least 21 years of age
3. Possess excellent moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties
4. Be free of a criminal conviction record
5. High School diploma/equivalent.
6. Must have at least one (1) of the following:
• Associates Degree;
• 60 college credit hours;
• Two years’ service as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer; or
• Two years full-time military service with an honorable discharge.
7. Must become Certified Police Officer (POST) in the state of Tennessee within the timeframes specified by the City.
8. Out of state certifications will be considered. Must obtain Tennessee Certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
9. Must possess State of Tennessee Driver’s license.