Police Officer (BLEA Certified)
12/31/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
We Want Your Service in our Community!
We are actively searching for high quality police officers. Everett Police Department serves a population over 110,000. We believe in community-oriented policing and work in partnership with the community to enhance quality of life and reduce crime through our core values of integrity, professionalism and honor.
Why work for Everett Police Department?
- Competitive Wages
- Vacation Accrual Starting First Year
- Pitman Work Schedule for Patrol Officers (rotating schedule with every other weekend off)
- Uniforms, firearms, and duty gear provided
- Boot/Vest Upgrade for Patrol Assignments, Clothing/Equipment Allowance for Plainclothes Assignments
- Dry Cleaning Benefit
- Take Home Car Program
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- City Match on Deferred Compensation
- LEOFF 2 Pension Plan
- Floating Holidays
- Holiday Bank (Can be Used or Cashed Out)
- Successful completion of the mandated course of instruction at the Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA), the Washington State Patrol Training Academy, or other academy recognized as equivalent by Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission standards within two (2) years of the application date.
- Successful completion of all requirements as established by the State of Washington and the City for all law enforcement officers.
- Attainment of the age of twenty-one (21) years on or before the close date.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Washington State Driver license within 30 days of hire and the ability to maintain it for the duration of employment.
- Excellent physical condition
- US citizenship or a lawful permanent resident.
- Submission to an extensive background investigation which may include but is not limited to: FBI record check, financial records, previous employers, friends, relatives, neighbors (past and present), and polygraph (lie detector), psychological and medical examinations.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalency
- Not on the current eligible register for Police Officer-BLEA Certified, per Civil Service Rule 2.12.