Police Officer – Academy Attendee
Salary: $27.65 Hourly.
Under direction of a Police Sergeant or Field Training Officer, the Police Officer Recruit attends a designated California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved police academy to learn, train and successfully perform all activities related to the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform in the capacity of a sworn City of Galt Police Officer and performs related work as required.
- Attend and successfully complete the P.O.S.T. Basic Academy approved by the City of Galt.
- Successfully learn, both academic and physical (defensive tactics, firearm, driving, etc.) requirements of the position.
- Attend any other related training.
- Control traffic flow and enforces state laws and local municipal codes violations and traffic regulations.
- Perform investigative work.
- Participate in and provide support and assistance to special crime prevention and enforcement programs.
- Equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Must possess a valid California class C driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age by time of appointment to sworn police officer position.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship prior to applying for the position of Police Officer Recruit.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, which shall include polygraph and psychological exams and a fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination, which includes a drug screen, administered by a City appointed physician.