Police Officer (BLEA Certified)
Salary: $7,842.00 – $10,278.00 Monthly.
Closing Date: 12/31/2024.
This is a Civil Service class involving general police activities associated with the protection of life and property by enforcement of state and municipal codes, regulations and ordinances. The positions are located in the Police Department at the Everett City Hall and open positions generally occur each year. The Civil Service eligibility register for this position is subject to continuous modification as a result of the open/continuous nature of the process. Grades earned as a result of this screening process are valid for twelve (12) months after certification by the Civil Service Commission. This job classification is represented by Everett Police Officers Association. Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid LEOFF medical evaluation and medical history review that may include back x-rays and will include drug screening.
- Successful completion of the mandated course of instruction at the Washington State Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA), the Washington State Patrol Training Academy, or other academy recognized as equivalent by Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission standards within two (2) years of the application date.
- Successful completion of all requirements as established by the State of Washington and the City for all law enforcement officers.
- Attainment of the age of twenty-one (21) years on or before the close date.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Washington State Driver license within 30 days of hire and the ability to maintain it for the duration of employment.
- Excellent physical condition
- US citizenship or a lawful permanent resident.
- Submission to an extensive background investigation which may include but is not limited to: FBI record check, financial records, previous employers, friends, relatives, neighbors (past and present), and polygraph (lie detector), psychological and medical examinations.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalency
- Not on the current eligible register for Police Officer-BLEA Certified, per Civil Service Rule 2.12.