Police Officer Recruit
The City of Brookhaven, located in metro Atlanta, is seeking highly qualified applications to become Police Officers. The successful candidate must pass a series of tests and interviews prior to selection as a candidate. Once selected, the candidate must complete academy requirements, and if successful, continue to field training assisted by veteran officers in the Police Department.
• Assists with enforcing City, County and State laws when deemed necessary to provide a safe environment for the public.
• Assists with the preparation of reports on crimes, violations and accidents committed within the City.
• Assists in providing help to crime victims and the public.
• Assists in performing security checks of closed businesses and residential areas.
• Assists in maintaining City car, uniforms, weapons and City property.
• Attends and testifies in court on behalf of the City.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Salary Range: $23.32 Hourly
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred; US citizen; at least 21 years of age; successful completion of the pre-employment process which includes oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, polygraph evaluation and/or voice stress; valid State of Georgia Driver’s License; equivalent combination of education and experience.