Entry Level Police Officer
As a Pearland Police Officer you will enforce all local, state, and federal laws within the City’s jurisdiction in order to prevent crime and disorder and maintain the quality of life by providing a safe and peaceful environment within the City of Pearland for all its residents.
If you are interested in joining the Pearland Police Department’s mission to provide professional service to the community and develop citizen partnerships to work together to enforce laws, reduce fear, and positively impact the quality of life in Pearland, you are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $19.24 hourly; Police Officer $27.58 hourly
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
• Be a citizen of the United States; able to read, write, and speak the English language
• Be between 18 and 45 years of age at the time of the examination
• Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (G.E.D.) certified by the issuing agency with:
o 30 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited institute of higher learning; or
o Minimum 24 months of active duty service with an honorable discharge authenticated by a Member 2 or Member 4 Form DD-214; or
o 15 credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in addition to Basic Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE; or
o An Intermediate Peace Officer Certification from TCOLE
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
• Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). More information can be found here.