Lateral Police Officer
The Lincolnwood Police Department is accepting applications for Lateral Police Officer.
Application Deadline: Friday November 11, 2022
Starting Salary: 74,338.18
Salary Range: 74,338.18 – 105,440.50
Qualifications of Certified Entry Program for Police Officers
All persons possessing certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board may be considered for accelerated entry (referred to as “certified entry candidates”). Certified entry candidates selected must first meet all the following criteria:
- Previous status as a police officer and successfully completing the probationary period; and
- Currently in good standing in the police department in which the person serves; and
- Possesses substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a Village of Lincolnwood Police Officer who has completed the probationary period, as determined by the Village; and
- Has at least 60 semester (90 quarter) hours of credit from a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting bodies responsible for evaluating two- and four-year institutions that grant associate’s or bachelor’s degrees; or at least four years of continuous active duty in the armed forces of the United States; and
- Taken and passed such examinations as the Board deems necessary to determine fitness for duty as a police officer with the Village.
Certified entry candidates who have been determined by the Board to meet the aforementioned requirements will not be required to attend an orientation or take the written entry level examination for police officer. For such candidates, the examination process may consist of an administrative interview, background investigation, oral interview by the Board, polygraph, psychological, physical agility examination (P.O.W.E.R. Test) and medical examination, including drug screen.