The University of South Alabama’s Police department is seeking to hire a Police Dispatcher. Interested candidates should apply to be considered.
- Operates base radios to communicate with department staff.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to include emergency on-campus calls.
- Greets visitors and provides directions.
- Contacts appropriate personnel during emergency situations.
- Completes forms.
- Enters dispatch calls into a computerized dispatch system.
- Accesses various data bases using a PC.
- Maintains files.
- Utilizes good verbal and written communication skills when answering calls and utilizing radios.
- Remains calm and effective under heavy workloads and emergency situations.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with public safety and other government officials, law enforcement agencies, and the general public.
- Stays abreast of all University properties and the location of each.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Ability to work schedule as defined and overtime as required.
- Related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of security or related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.