Salary: $5,321.33 Monthly.
- Successful candidates are appointed in a non-sworn capacity while attending a POST certified Basic Police Academy under the sponsorship of the City of Tustin Police Department.
- Curriculum includes coursework mandated by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training and/or the local Police Academy Advisory Committee.
- After meeting all department, State mandated and academy requirements, including graduation from the Police Academy, incumbents are considered for promotion to the position of sworn Police Officer.
- Once appointed to a sworn Police Officer position, successful completion of the Department’s field training requirements (approximately 6 months) within an 18-month probationary period is required.
- Sworn officers perform the full range of law enforcement duties.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent physical condition. Must be physically capable of performing all tasks required of a Tustin Police Officer as determined by a physical agility test, medical examination and psychological evaluation. Normal hearing and color vision; vision 20/100 in each eye correctable to 20/20; weight proportional to height.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law.
- Must be of good moral character with no convictions for a felony or crimes of moral turpitude and be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation.
- At time of appointment, candidate must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must have fluent command of the English language in both oral and written form.