Salary: $15.96 Hourly.
The purpose of this position is to provide a safe and secure setting for McKinley County Adult Detention Center. This is accomplished by providing security checks, conducting detainee searches, conducting Facility Counts and providing direct and indirect supervision of inmates. Other responsibilities include assisting with maintaining facility sanitation; serving detainee meals; processing detainees into facility; and performing other duties as needed.
- Provide security checks of the facility and outer perimeter to ensure there are no breaches of security. Monitor all detainee activity.
- Perform detainee pat searches, bunk searches, cell searches and housing unit searches, while confiscating unauthorized or illegal materials from the units.
- Inspect physical structure of the units for damages.
- Inspect all equipment, doors, locks, and mobile equipment for missing parts.
- Maintain a Logbook documenting all daily activities and pertinent information.
- Informs Shift Commander of all unusual activities and respond to emergency situations.
- Conducts Facility Counts at designated and random, unannounced times by counting detainees to ensure all detainees are accounted for, safe, and secured.
- Conducting Facility Counts and confirming detainee’s physical appearance matches the Count Sheet and Identification Wristband.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision for detainees housed in Specialty Housing Units.
- Escort detainees from housing units to Sick Call, Mental Health Appointments, Programs, Video Court Arraignments, Attorney Visitation, Visitation, Zoom Visitation and Work Details.
- Provide transport for detainees to and from court, hospital, and scheduled medical/dental appointments.
- Facilitates sanitation by issuing cleaning supplies to units, detainee hygiene, clean clothing, and bed linen. Ensure detainees receive a meal tray three times daily.
- Processes new intakes by booking required information into the facility data base; logging and storing personal property and ensuring a Medical Health Assessment has been conducted, followed by forwarding documents to appropriate personnel.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire.
- Possess a valid driver’s license for insurance and liability purposes.
- College course work in related fields; criminal justice, social work, or psychology.
- AAS in related fields; criminal justice, social work, or psychology.
- Basic computer/data entry experience.
- Experience working in local/county government environment.