Lateral Entry Patrol Deputy
Under general supervision, supervises and performs general duty police work with a shift or unit of the Sheriff’s Office involving a wide range of duties performed to protect life and property, enforce laws and ordinances, and preserve order within the community.
With or without accommodations, must be able to:
1. Get along well with others.
2. Have regular and predictable attendance.
3. Exercise rational judgment and control of emotions when responding to emergencies.
4. Self-initiate work priorities and work independent of direct supervision.
5. Protect the general safety of the public.
6. Drive emergency vehicles under stressful conditions.
7. Conduct physical apprehensions and arrests of resistive and/or fleeing, and often, dangerous suspects.
8. Be loyal by affirmatively promoting the mission, goals, objectives, and directives of the Sheriff, and superior command personnel.
All applicants must meet minimum qualifications:
– Attainment of the minimum age of 21 years. No maximum age requirement.
– Possession of, or ability to obtain prior to employment, a valid Washington State Driver License.
– Be a high school graduate or possess GED certification.
– Be a United States Citizen who can read and write the English language. (RCW 41.14.100)