Police Officer Requirements – Wisconsin
Minimum Requirements to be a Police Officer in Wisconsin
- High school diploma or GED
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- US Citizenship
- A two-year associate degree from a Wisconsin technical college system district or its accredited equivalent from another state or a minimum of 60 fully accredited credits (semester credits) or 90 accredited quarter credits.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- No felony conviction or any misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- Submit fingerprint records
- Undergo background investigation
- Good physical, emotional or mental condition
- Undergo a physical assessment
- Pass Oral Interview with the employing agency
- Submit to a drug test