$59,379.50 – $90,017.63 Annually
The Romulus Police Department is an accredited State of Michigan law enforcement agency proudly representing the top 10% of all police agencies in the state. We are seeking service oriented police officers who wish to work in a diverse environment, for a department that has an excellent relationship with the community it serves. These are skilled professional police positions tasked with the protection of life and property and enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- Police officers patrol assigned areas, respond to calls for assistance, protect life and property, enforce laws and ordinances, assist citizens, gather information and evidence, document complaints, investigate crimes, make arrests, control and direct traffic, investigate crashes, prepare reports, serve arrest warrants, testify in court, etc.
- Police officers are expected to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, by listening, and by giving information, direction, and verbal commands.
- Police officers perform other related duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Must be certified or capable of being certified by MCOLES standards.
- Must be 18 years of age as of the date of application.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have an exemplary criminal history with no felony convictions.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Driver License with good driving record. Out of state applicants must provide current driving record at time of application and obtain State of Michigan license within one (1) month of employment.
- Must pass the MCOLES pre-employment reading and writing test.
- Must pass the MCOLES physical standards test for determining fitness for the performance of duties.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 with no major defects; normal color perception and hearing.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills in order to deal with the public firmly, courteously and tactfully.
- Must possess the ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and be able to determine the proper course of action.
- Must have the ability to react quickly and calmly under stressful situations.