Police Officer Requirements – Ohio
Minimum Requirements to be a Police Officer in Ohio
- Citizen of the United States.
- Age: 21 years of age or reach that age by the completion of the academy.
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- No person convicted of a felony. This may include felony convictions that have been sealed or expunged.
Ohio State Patrol Requirements
The minimum requirements for consideration are:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED;
- Must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Must be a resident of Ohio
- Must have a valid driver license;
- Must be a minimum of 20 years of age and must be able to complete processing and enter an Academy Class before reaching the 35th birthday.