Police Officer Requirements – New Hampshire
New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Be hired by a state, local or county law enforcement agency in New Hampshire to attend the New Hampshire Police Academy
- Successfully complete the training course within 6 months of your date of hire and be certified by the New Hampshire Police Standards and Training Council
- Other requirements: No serious criminal or motor vehicle record, good credit history, pass a background investigation, fingerprint check, a psychological evaluation, a medical exam by a licensed health professional, and a physical fitness test. Valid driver’s license
Effective July 1, 1980, an individual shall meet the following minimum requirements to be employed as a part time police officer.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The hiring authority must have a fingerprint check made of the applicant with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- The hiring authority must conduct a background investigation.