Police Officer Requirements – Idaho
Minimum Requirements to be a Police Officer in Idaho
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or have a G.E.D.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- No past criminal history and no convictions of DUI or suspended drivers license within the two years prior to application.
- No misdemeanor convictions in the past two years. This includes Minor in Possession, Open Container, and Inattentive Driving.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and cannot have five (5) or more moving traffic violations in the three (3) years preceding application.
- Must be of good moral character as determined by a background investigation.
- Must pass an extensive background check which will include work, criminal history, credit and reference checks.
- Meet minimum vision and hearing standards.
- Be free of any physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect performance of a peace officer as determined by a medical examination and psychological test
- Pass a physical agility test.
- Must attain a minimum score of 75% on the Police Officer Selection test. For a sample study guide click here.
- Must pass a polygraph examination and a psychological evaluation.