Police Officer Requirements – Hawaii
Minimum Requirements to be a Police Officer in Hawaii
An applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years of age by closing deadline.
- Be a U.S. citizen (either born or naturalized), national or permanent resident alien of the United States, or eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment in the United States.
- Have a valid driver’s license from Hawaiʻi or comparable license from another state.
- Have a combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Be qualified to carry and possess any firearm or ammunition in accordance with state and federal laws. Persons convicted of domestic violence, whether convicted of a misdemeanor or felony, will not be considered for a position because federal law prohibits them from carrying firearms.