Police Officer Requirements – Arkansas
Minimum Requirements to be a Police Officer in Arkansas
Minimum Age: 21 years of age
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
- Be fingerprinted and a search initiated of state and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record.
- Be free of a felony record.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation
- Be examined by a licensed physician and meet the physical requirements prescribed
- Pass psychological exam
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Successfully complete a CLEST firearms qualification and review departmental policies