University Police Officer III
Salary: $61,812 annually.
Towson University Police is currently accepting qualified applications for a University Police Officer III. The position will perform duties of a Police Officer, assist the squad supervisor in managing the administrative functions of the squad, and function as a supervisor for a small group of police officer in the absence of the squad supervisor by performing leadership and administrative duties.
- Patrol the campus in a vehicle, on bicycle (if certified) and on foot to protect life and property; respond and react to calls for service dispatched via radio, “on-view” from persons, or as a result observed situations.
- Prepare written reports because of investigation and inquiry; make physical arrest or prepare charging documents when violations of criminal or traffic law is observed or detected.
- Render first aid to victims of incidents consistent with training as a “First Responder,” and process crime scene for evidence to include photograph, fingerprinting dusting, etc., and evidence recovery and submission.
- Supervisory responsibility includes supervising the performance of personnel assigned to the squad.
- Areas on campus and equipment needed at the beginning of shift monitoring police radio and responding to the scenes of incidents to supervise the performance of personnel; conducting administrative investigations of complaints related to performance of assigned personnel; and monitoring and evaluating performance of assigned personnel.
- This position is classified as ESSENTIAL personnel and candidate will be required to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as a Sworn Police Officer recognized by Maryland Police Training Commission within the last three (3) years and one (1) year experience as a Sworn Police Officer.
- Two Years (2) of experience as a University Police Officer or equivalent preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Non-Commercial Class C equivalent driver’s license with no more than five (5) points.
- A criminal Background investigation, Pre-Employment physical, Computer Voice Stress Analyzer (CVSA) testing and a psychological evaluation are required for the candidate and results may impact employment.