University Police Officer II
Salary $46,295 – $76,340
The Department of Public Safety invites applications for a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
Under general supervision, participates in police activities such as responding to and investigating reports; apprehending and arresting violators of the laws of the State of Maryland or local jurisdiction. Patrols designated areas by vehicle and foot to identify and report safety hazards, detect violations of laws and ordinances identify wanted vehicles, persons, and unusual conditions; responds to emergency situations; and enforces laws, ordinances, and institutional regulations. The position requires working varied shifts, holidays, and weekends. Must be able to communicate orally and in writing. Performs other related duties as required.
Classification 23-0000 Legal Occupations
- High school or GED required.
- Must possess and maintain certification in the State of Maryland as a Police Officer and have previous experience in law enforcement.
- Valid driver’s license.
To be considered, the successful candidate must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform job and successfully complete reading and writing skills assessment
- Have weight in proportion to height