Sworn Police Officer
$45,900.00 – $77,000.00 Annually
Protects lives and property of the citizens of Ocala. This is accomplished by aggressively patrolling high crime areas, formulating plans of action to combat criminal activity with the assistance of the citizens. Reports to the Squad Sergeant.
Examples of Duties
- Patrols an assigned area to establish a presence, reduce opportunities for crime, detect criminal activity and render service to the public.
- Listens to the car radio to receive messages and remains aware of surrounding activities on an assigned shift.
- Investigates trouble spots in high crime areas and in an assigned patrol area.
- Remains alert and observant in order to detect anything unusual within the patrol area.
- Drives patrol car at a high rate of speed in response to emergency or enforcement of situations according to departmental policy.
- Recognizes and enforces traffic laws proactively to ensure safe vehicular movement.
- Patrols an assigned area in a patrol car and on foot.
- Confronts suspects or suspicious persons and takes enforcement action as deemed appropriate.
- Proceeds to crime scene, accidents, or incidents based on radio message received.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Certificate of completion of Florida Police Standards.
- Criminal Justice Standards and Training Certificate (within 90 days)
- Florida Operators Driver’s License
- Residency Requirement: Resident of Marion County