State Police Cadet
We’re looking for individuals who strive to succeed beyond the challenges of their surroundings!
If you connect with the above statement, take your first step toward experiencing this rewarding career!!
2/1/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
The Pennsylvania State Police Cadet is a trainee position in the field of law enforcement. Upon successful completion of training, Cadets receive a promotion to Pennsylvania State Police Trooper. You will receive approximately 28 weeks of training which includes but is not limited to:
• Receiving training in the Pennsylvania Crimes Code, Motor Vehicle Code, and other related laws.
• Participating in formal coursework and practical exercises to learn the principles and practices associated with search and seizure, on-scene vehicle collisions, officer safety, interpersonal relations, investigations, interviews, interrogations, report writing, case preparation and court testimony.
• Participating in physical fitness activities, swimming and water safety courses, and the American Red Cross Emergency Response Course.
• Receiving training in operating police vehicles.
• Participating in formal coursework and practical exercises in the use of department firearms and the legal applications and restrictions of their use.
• Receiving training in the use of specialized equipment and instruments including communications equipment, radar, breath test devices, body armor, and riot gear.
• Receiving training in military courtesy, platoon formation, military drill, formal inspections, and related subjects.
• Participating in maintaining the cleanliness and order of quarters, buildings, grounds, and equipment.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma or a G.E.D. Certificate plus an Associate's Degree or 60 semester credit hours in an accredited institution of higher education prior to appointment. Only one waiver per candidate, as follows, is allowed:
• Completion of 60 college credits at the time of appointment. Students who have successfully completed at least 30 college credits and anticipate the completion of at least 60 college credits at the time of hire may apply;
• Four years of law enforcement experience that encompasses the powers of arrest under state and/or federal law;
• Four years of active military duty with an honorable discharge;
• An equivalent combination of experience and training.
• All positions require possession of a valid Pennsylvania non-commercial class C driver’s license or equivalent.
• Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and cannot have reached 40 years of age upon appointment.