Sheriff’s Deputy – Lateral Entry
The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for the position of Lateral Entry Sheriff’s Deputy. The successful applicant will perform the duties and responsibilities of a Sheriff’s Deputy. You must be a certified peace officer in the State of Illinois, or similar certification in another state.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be certified as a peace officer
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license upon which the applicant may legally operate a motor vehicle in the State of Illinois.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony nor any other crime which would prevent the applicant from attending a certified academy for basic police training under the Illinois Police Training Act (50 ILSC 705/1 et seq.) or which would prevent the applicant from legally possessing a firearm.
Applicants must successfully pass the following examinations
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Assessment
- Medical Examination