Sheriff Deputy Cadet
9/30/2023 at 5:00 PM Mountain Time (US & Canada)
Serves in a training capacity for the purpose of observing and assisting experienced Deputies in order to be evaluated for suitability for performing County law enforcement duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Accompanies an experienced County law enforcement officer in routine residential and commercial patrols;
- Observes and assists in investigations of motor vehicle accidents, crimes against property and violent crimes;
- Observes and assists in traffic control duties and traffic code enforcement including issuing citations; operates vehicles in routine and emergency situations;
- Receives training in reports preparation and other general duty police work; and may testify in court.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be 21 years of age by the time of graduation from New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy.
- Must have a record clear of felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude, and establish New Mexico residence within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must pass a written test, physical agility test, psychological exam, background investigation, drug/alcohol and physical screening, if applicable.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.