Are You Trustworthy, Self-Motivated and Community Minded? The Park County Sheriff’s Office is looking for (1) new full time team member interested in a career in a law enforcement capacity with our Sheriff’s Office.
Position primarily protects and serves the citizens of Park County and the State of Montanan. Position is responsible for conducting public relations activities and participating in professional development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To enforce State, Federal and County laws and ordinances
- Candidate must pass written, oral, medical and psychological exams
- To provide customer service and answers inquires via phone, electronically or in person
- To participate, conduct and manage search and rescue activities
- To patrol Park County
- To serve Warrants and civil papers
- Certifiable to use law enforcement weapons is required
- To write reports, testifies in court and conducts investigations
- To assist the public
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or the equivalent thereof
- Be of good moral character
- Never been convicted of a felony
- Agrees to be examined by a physician licensed to practice in the State of MT within 30 days immediately preceding date of employment offer
- Valid MT driver’s license
- Valid and current POST certification OR tested successfully with Park County Sheriff’s Office’s written and MPAT;
- MLEA Certification (must obtain within 1 year of hiring date)