Senior Police Officer
Salary: $32.67 – $41.70 hourly.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Police Officer is responsible for performing a variety of high-level law enforcement duties centered on maintaining the welfare of the public, their property, and improving the community’s quality of life. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Senior Police Officer is also assigned to perform or direct more complex investigations of a more technical nature with minimal supervision, such as criminal investigations and apprehension of suspected offenders, photographing and sketching crime scenes, and gathering latent evidence.
- May serve as an FTO (Field Training Officer) for the police officer class as required, demonstrating proper investigatory techniques and skills.
- Approves written reports at the direction of the supervising sergeant.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A valid California Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance company.
- Must have successfully passed a California Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) and possess a current valid POST certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible full-time experience with a law enforcement agency, including one year of lead or supervisory experience. Experience in performing increasingly complex and highly responsible support work.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED approved by the State of California.
- California POST Certification in good standing.