School Resource Officer
Performs a wide variety of law enforcement activities specifically related to the school environment during the school year. Tasks are primarily service oriented and include working with and mentoring students, disseminating information, arbitrating disputes, and providing assistance through referrals, property protection, crime prevention, investigative, and other public safety services. Work involves responsibility for rapid and efficient performance of specialized duties under normal and emergency conditions, and may involve threats to personal safety and/or life. Duties include an element of personal danger, exposure to adverse weather conditions, apprehending criminals, and directing traffic. Incumbents perform duties in accordance with Florida State Statutes and established departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines. The incumbent must be able to act without close supervision and must be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Work is under general supervision of a sergeant, reviewed through observation, conferences and review of written reports for results obtained and adherence to established policies and procedures
Minimum Training and Experience
• Graduation from an accredited high school supplemented by course work at a police training school or academy.
• Must possess a current State of Florida Law Enforcement Officer Certification in good standing.
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of Police Officer experience.
• Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver's License and a good driving record.
All applicants must:
• Be a citizen of the United States at the time of application;
• Be of good moral character as defined by Florida Administrative Code 11B-27;
• Not have been dishonorably discharged from the military;
• Not have an open Internal Affairs Investigation;
• Not have failed Town of Davie Background Investigation, Oral Board Interview, Polygraph or Psychological Exam within the past year;
• Have no felony convictions;
• Not have any driver's license suspensions within five (5) years of the date of this application;
• Not have steroid usage within five (5) years of the date of this application;
• Not have a DUI arrest and/or conviction in the last five (5) years;
• Not have visible tattoos;
• Not have used any illegal controlled substances within three (3) years of the date of this application;
• Not have used any tobacco products within six (6) months of the date of this application.