School Resource Officer
Salary range: $55,311.00 – $69,100.00 Annually.
The primary purpose of the School Resource Officer (SRO) is to assist in promoting a safe, orderly and secure school environment while initiating positive interactions between police and youth. Positive contact creates a higher level of trust and helps ensure more effective channels of communication. The SRO in this position must be committed to being involved with children at Re-1 Valley schools or community-based programs.
- Take command at scene of crime or accident; takes statements and interviews victims and witnesses; examines situation; records vital information regarding causes and circumstances;
- Completes police report to describe in a clear, accurate, and concise manner all primary and relevant case activity and developments; read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations, affidavits, and warrants;
- Establish traffic surveillance to observe and detect violations of the Model Traffic Code and State Traffic Statutes; complete traffic accident investigations and required accident investigation forms;
- Ensures that all required reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Respond to radio and telephone dispatches to investigate citizen concerns including crimes in progress, crimes reported after-the-fact, accidents and disturbances;
- Operates a computer utilizing such software programs as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- High School or G.E.D.
- P.O.S.T certified as a Peace Officer, Level I, by the State of Colorado.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- SRO Certification Preferred.
- Possess and maintain the appropriate CO operator’s license for the type of City owned vehicle which the employee may operate in the scope of employment.
- Minimum 21 years of age and U.S. Citizen.
- Must abide by City residency requirement to qualify for take-home vehicle benefit.
- Must be able to legally possess and carry a firearm.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, normal color acuity.