School Police Dispatcher
Salary: $50,112.24 – $65,876.16 Annually.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, performs responsible dispatching duties to assist School Police in timely responses to routine and emergency calls, monitors alarm equipment and security cameras; receives and transmits routine and emergency radio messages; receives telephone calls; prepares various reports, logs, correspondence and files; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Monitors alarm equipment and security cameras and receives incoming emergency and routine radio and telephone calls; determines appropriate action based upon available information; secures and records necessary information regarding nature and location of incidents; dispatches necessary police, fire or other emergency resources according to established procedures.
- Maintains contact with District School Police and dispatches units to assigned intrusion calls.
- Receives telephone calls from public reporting irregularities and incidents at schools or other District facilities.
- Inputs information into computer, collects and files information regarding incidents and departmental activity; compiles data, prepares and types reports and memorandums as assigned.
- Operates a variety of departmental equipment such as two-way radio communication system and radio/transmit monitor, computer terminal, telephone and copier.
- (Translates) Assist individuals in person or over the telephone with limited or non-English speaking persons as related to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Processes and maintains a variety of confidential information as necessary.
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in dispatching in a police or security environment.
- One (1) year of general clerical experience.
- Completion of a P.O.S.T approved Dispatcher Course.
- A valid California driver’s license and evidence of automobile insurability is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is desirable.