Recruit Police Officer
$73,528.00 – $111,820.80 Annually
1/31/2023 5:00 PM Alaska
Example of Duties
Enforcement of all criminal and traffic laws including the identification and apprehension of violators. Perform a variety of crime prevention and enforcement duties as assigned. Respond to complaints and requests for Police assistance and intervene in various situations as required. Enforce traffic regulations, direct traffic, investigate collisions and complete detailed collision reports. Conduct preliminary investigations; collect and preserve evidence. Maintain records and daily reports; prepare cases for court testimony. Testify in court as required. Coordinate with other agencies as required.
Minimum Qualifications / Substitutions / Preferences
- Must be a citizen or US National of the USA by date of hire (06/08/2023)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska driver’s license by date of hire (06/08/2023)
- Must meet Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC) and Anchorage Police Department (APD) standards regarding misdemeanor and/or felony convictions, traffic violations and use of controlled substances. Such as:
- No felony convictions after reaching the age of 18
- No marijuana use within the past one (1) year
- Refer to the Background Investigation information in the Notice Section for further, specific details.
- Must be able to obtain APSC certification within 13 months of hire (AS 18.65.240).
- Alaska Public Safety Information Network (APSIN) / National Crime Information Center (NCIC) certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Satisfactory Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) background check at time of hire