Recruit Police Officer
$73,528.00 – $101,150.40 Annually
1/31/2024 at 11:59 PM Alaska
Example of Duties
Enforcement of all criminal and traffic laws including the identification and apprehension of violators. Perform a variety of crime prevention and enforcement duties as assigned. Respond to complaints and requests for Police assistance and intervene in various situations as required. Enforce traffic regulations, direct traffic, investigate collisions and complete detailed collision reports. Conduct preliminary investigations; collect and preserve evidence. Maintain records and daily reports; prepare cases for court testimony. Testify in court as required. Coordinate with other agencies as required.
The duties and requirements of a Police Officer include, but may not be limited to, performance of the following activities: use of firearms, driving emergency vehicles, handcuffing prisoners, administering first aid, rescue operations, lifting and carrying 0-70 lbs, directing traffic, subdue prisoners, pursue suspects, walking-lateral mobility, walking over rough terrain, bending, stooping, crouching, sitting, standing, standing for long periods, kneeling, twisting body, pushing, pulling, running, sense of touch, reaching, gripping hands and fingers, climbing stairs, climbing ladders, hearing alarms, hearing voice conversation, color identification, close vision, far vision, side vision-depth perception, night vision, maintaining balance, finger dexterity, speaking English, physically control combative and disruptive persons.
Minimum Qualifications / Substitutions / Preferences
- Must be a citizen or US National of the USA by date of hire (06/07/2024)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old by date of hire
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska driver’s license by date of hire (06/07/2024)
- Must meet Alaska Police Standards Council (APSC) and Anchorage Police Department (APD) standards regarding misdemeanor and/or felony convictions, traffic violations and use of controlled substances. Such as:
- No felony convictions after reaching the age of 18
- No marijuana use within the past one (1) year
- Refer to the Background Investigation information in the Notice Section for further, specific details.
- Must be able to obtain APSC certification within 13 months of hire (AS 18.65.240).
- Alaska Public Safety Information Network (APSIN) / National Crime Information Center (NCIC) certification within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Satisfactory Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) background check at time of hire