Public Safety Telecommunications Officer
Under direction, receives and responds to telephone or other electronic requests for emergency assistance, including law enforcement, fire, medical, or other emergency services and/or dispatches appropriate units to response sites; other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in work involving the receiving, transmitting and relaying of video display and/or radio messages, and in the receiving, relaying and recording of complaints and requests for emergency assistance, which shall have included the use of video display, data processing, automatic number identification, automatic location identification, switching equipment, or other computer-oriented equipment;
- Must be able to professionally and tactfully handle the public in stressful situations;
- Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in Psychology and experience working with the public in stressful situations will also be considered;
- Applicant must successfully pass a comprehensive criminal history and background investigation;
- Current certifications in the following are required: NJ Basic Telecommunicator, NJ EMD, and CPR. Familiarity with QED CAD and Verizon Vesta E911 are also preferred.