Public Safety Dispatcher
Salary: $22 per hour.
Open Until Filled
This is an excellent opportunity to act as a lifeline to sworn and non-sworn personnel including police, fire, emergency medical responders, and emergency management personnel. The individual selected for this role will use independent judgment to make immediate critical decisions that impact the life, health, and/or safety of faculty, staff, students, and members of the public.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/County/ Municipal or Campus Law Enforcement Agency public safety communication center policies, practices, technology and methodology.
- Knowledge of map, chart, diagram, blueprint reading.
- Involves organizing, and operating multiple pieces of advanced technology and software applications with a high-level of efficiency, accuracy, pressure and extreme stress to effectively make sound decisions while handling multiple and differing tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to react responsively in emergency situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- No criminal record other than minor motor vehicle violations.
- No credibility issues that would impact testimony in court, civil or administrative hearings
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully complete a written examination, interview(s), background investigation, psychological/polygraph examinations and medical exam.
- Hearing, sight, speech, and sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment, as necessary.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Completion of the New Hampshire State Police SPOTS operator certification, APCO certified Telecommunicators.
- Two years of full-time emergency dispatching with a Federal/State/County/ Municipal or Campus Law Enforcement Agency.
- Working knowledge of the CSI Infoshare public safety software package
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal/State/County/ Municipal or Campus Law Enforcement Agency rules and regulations, practices and standards.