Public Safety Communication Officer
PSCO’s provide dispatch communication and support services to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services. This includes operating a variety of highly technological communications equipment including radio, telephone, and computer as well as accessing information from automated law enforcement systems.
Successful applicants must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment which requires attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively and to use good judgement in making decisions. Excellent data entry, computer and people skills are essential.
Applicants will be required to pass a written assessment, oral interview, background investigation (including criminal history) and medical examination with drug screen prior to being eligible for appointment.
- Possession of a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Graduation from a High School, Vocational High School, or equivalent GED.
- U.S. Citizen and New Jersey resident at time of appointment.
- 18 years of age or older.
- 911 Certification and prior experience preferred.
- This position requires sitting at computer terminals for 12 hour shifts and requires ability to communicate clearly and concisely, multi-task under stressful situations, evaluate a problem quickly and take decisive action.