Pre-Certified Police Officer
- Certification as a Virginia Law Enforcement Officer or must complete police academy, field training and maintain VA DCJS law enforcement certification.
- Must have a Virginia motor vehicle driver’s license and a clear driving record.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony, crimes involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
- Must provide birth certificate and pass a polygraph, a drug test and a physical examination by a licensed physician.
- Needs excellent ability to communicate and work effectively at all levels within and outside the University.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work collaboratively with other employees.
- Ability to fit into a team environment as characterized by shared accountabilities.
- Emphasis on providing the highest levels of responsiveness and customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact physically and psychologically with a diverse population in stressful environments.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Able to work shifts.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
- A bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and ordinances, rules and regulations of VCU, and the rules and regulations of the VCU Police Department.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a variety of projects and to work independently.