POST Certified Patrol Sergeant
Salary: $58.61 to $69.24/hour DOQ.
Open Until Filled
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office is seeking a well-qualified candidate to perform the duties of Sergeant in the Patrol Division.
- The Patrol Sergeant supervises one or more shifts of Patrol Deputies and ensures the proper administration of law enforcement services by the assigned patrol deputies.
- The Patrol Sergeant ensures appropriate and sufficient deployment in the Patrol Division.
- The Patrol Sergeant may review incoming correspondence and respond to other Summit County Sheriff’s Office entities, outside agencies, and citizens as well as produce daily activity reports and crimes reports.
- The Patrol Sergeant is responsible for inspecting, providing feedback, documenting performance and ensuring standards of operations are met through the direct oversight of the activities of Patrol deputies.
- The Patrol Sergeant is responsible for instructing, teaching, training and the facilitation of a coordinated effort to develop self-control and character that fosters orderliness and efficiency within the Patrol Division.
- The Patrol Sergeant will review and approve reports and tickets prepared by their subordinates, assign calls for service and cases for preliminary investigation.
- The Patrol Sergeant will inform the Lieutenant of the status of calls for service, cases and investigation.
- The Patrol Sergeant will inspect Patrol Deputies equipment and work areas for conformity to office standards.
- The Patrol Sergeant will prepare and investigate complaints regarding personnel within the Patrol Division.
- The Patrol Sergeant will respond to crime scenes, handle calls for service and perform related administrative duties and projects.
- The Patrol Sergeant must be able to perform the responsibilities of a Patrol Deputy in an exemplary manner. Those duties include but are not limited to: respond to calls for service, conduct transportation safety services, conduct investigations, and investigate crime scenes.
- The Patrol Sergeant may have other duties as directed by the Command Staff.
- The Patrol Sergeant conducts office and fieldwork that may extend beyond regularly scheduled hours and days related to the provision of law enforcement services.
- Candidate must be Colorado POST certified and in good standing under current POST guidelines and not currently involved in any disciplinary action.
- The candidate must have at least two years of patrol experience with above average reviews.
- The candidate must also be off any probationary period.
- Candidates possessing continued professional development, relevant specialized training and/or supervisory experience are encouraged to apply.