Port Police Officer
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Works at controlled access areas and documents related activity.
2. Inspects out-going traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of cargo on property.
3. Patrols and safeguards GPA restricted marine terminals and other GPA properties.
4. Reports observed hazards, or other conditions compromising the safety and security of the marine terminals or other GPA interests.
5. Monitors docking and sailing vessels at GPA’s marine terminals.
6. Contacts violators for observed or known criminal offenses and violations of federal regulations pertaining to MTSA restricted marine terminals; detains, arrests, or expels violators from the property.
7. Performs Radio-Switchboard Operator duties as required.
8. Investigates incidents, accidents, motor vehicle collisions or property damages and writes detailed reports that are complete, accurate and concise.
9. Performs traffic control, parking enforcement, and traffic enforcement.
10. Responds to all unusual activities or events that require a police officer presence, i.e. criminal offenses, security related incidents, active shooter incidents, labor disputes, environmental incidents civil unrest, manmade or natural disasters, and other emergencies.
11. Gathers information for use in the investigation of criminal activities and disorder in GPA jurisdictions, prepares appropriate warrants affidavits, appears for court hearings as necessary, and provides supporting testimony.
12. Responsible for cleanliness at workstations.
13. Patrols buildings and grounds, docks, and warehouses.
14. Performs First Aid and CPR as required.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
16. Provides vessel crew member transport through the facility as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess and maintain Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training council (GA P.O.S.T.) certification.
Must meet the criteria for and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Valid state driver’s license is required. Must complete all annual training mandates to maintain P.O.S.T. certification. Must satisfy minimum state and departmental firearms qualification standards annually and maintain proficiency with assigned firearms while on duty, a requirement of the job.