This is a continuous recruitment. Testing will take place ongoing during the year, and P.O.S.T. Basic Course Police Academies are tentatively scheduled at minimum twice per year. Testing dates and all recruitment notifications will be announced via e-mail. Notices will only be sent once a date is scheduled. Application status updates will be provided once a month prior to the test date.
$4,217.03 – $5,126.16 Monthly
• Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of the General Educational Development (G.E.D.) exam; AND
• At least 21 years of age upon completion of the academy training;
• Must be a citizen of the United States; OR
• Permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for U.S. citizenship prior to application for employment in compliance with Government Code Section 1031.
• Possession of a valid California Class "C" driver's license.
• Must meet the medical standards recommended by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.).
• Must undergo a complete background investigation, which includes a polygraph, psychological examination, and fingerprint clearance.