$5,978.44 – $7,266.83 Monthly
4/28/2023 5:00 PM Pacific
*THIS RECRUITMENT IS FOR ALL CANDIDATES WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN TO A BASIC CA LAW ENFORCEMENT ACADEMY*
These duties are a representative example; position assignments may vary depending on the business needs of the department and organization. This position:
- Attends P.O.S.T. certified police academy, participating in and successfully passing all mandated classes designated to develop awareness and understanding of the functions and responsibilities of Police Officers.
- Academy training may include:
- Instruction on proper handling and firing of firearms.
- Review of radio codes and applicable Penal Code, Vehicle Code and other statutory code sections.
- Overview of the court system.
- Writing and editing police reports.
- Observing law enforcement activities such as maintenance of order, crime prevention, and protection of citizens and property.
- Review of rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of physical fitness.
- Learning and demonstrating competence in arrest and control techniques.
- Scope of assigned area will depend on departmental structure and is at the discretion of the department director.
- Upholds the values of the organization and has strong customer service orientation.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
Education: Graduation from high school or a G.E.D.
Experience: Experience in a law enforcement environment desirable.
OR any combination of education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the above minimum requirements.