Salary: $4,217.03 – $5,126.16 Monthly.
This is a non-sworn trainee classification. Incumbents participate in required law enforcement training in order to meet the requirements of the entry-level Police Officer classification and work under close supervision. Assignments and instruction are outlined and overseen by both Academy and Police Staff who continuously monitor the Trainee’s progress and review work product; and performs related work as required.
- Attends and maintains acceptable attendance record throughout pre-academy training and orientation program(s) and California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved Basic Police Academy;
- Complies with dress code and appearance standards of P.O.S.T. Academy;
- Learns, applies knowledge and successfully completes academic assignments and tests of P.O.S.T. Academy;
- Participates and successfully completes physical fitness activities of P.O.S.T. Academy;
- Follows prescribed safety policies, practices and procedures;
- Ensures readiness to participate in all assigned daily activities with required gear and supplies;
- Interacts and communicates with academy staff and city personnel.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of the General Educational Development (G.E.D.) exam; AND
- At least 21 years of age upon completion of the academy training;
- Must be a citizen of the United States; OR
- Permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for U.S. citizenship prior to application for employment in compliance with Government Code Section 1031.
- Possession of a valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- Must meet the medical standards recommended by the Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.).
- Must undergo a complete background investigation, which includes a polygraph, psychological examination, and fingerprint clearance.