Police Recruit and Certified Officer
Public Service with a Purpose
Join DeKalb County Police to Protect and Serve!
$5,000 Hiring Incentive for Current POST Certified Officers
A motivated U.S. citizen with a high school diploma or GED who is at least 20 years old (previous work experienced preferred).
The New Job
As DeKalb County Police Recruit, you will attend the police academy and play a critical role in protecting life and property, deterring criminal activity, and enforcing all local, state, and federal laws, statutes, and regulations.
Pay and Benefits
- $55,000 starting pay rate plus $3k hiring incentive
- $57,750 starting pay rate with 4-year degree plus $3k hiring incentive
- Promotion to Police Officer after passing academy (typically 6 months)
Current POST Certified Officer:
- $59,194 starting pay rate plus $5k hiring incentive
- Start as Senior Police Officer
- Attend abbreviated training academy
- High school diploma or GED required; must be a U.S. citizen and be at least 20 years of age; previous work experience preferred.
- Specific License or Certification Required: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.