Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the United States. We’re a vibrant, growing city and a great place to live, work, and play!
Starting Salary: Annual $51,480
Top Salary: $74,901
• Be at least 20.5 years of age at the time of application; 21 years of age prior to completion of the Academy.
• Be a United States citizen.
• Be in sound physical and mental health.
• Have at least 20/20 vision uncorrected; or 20/20 vision corrected by glasses or hard contact lenses if uncorrected acuity is 20/80 or better; 20/20 vision corrected by soft contact lenses if uncorrected acuity is 20/200 or better. Vision capable of distinguishing basic color groups against a favorable background.
• Have not been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
• Within the last 36 months:
o Have fewer than 8 driving violations points,
o Have no more than one chargeable accident,
o Have no convictions for DUI (no more than one in lifetime)
o Possess valid driver's license that has not been cancelled, refused, suspended or revoked.
• Must meet AZ P.O.S.T. and Phoenix Police Department drug standards.
• No commission or conviction of a felony. Misdemeanor arrests are discretionary.
• Must have good moral character and personal integrity.
• No history of criminal or improper conduct. No poor employment or irresponsible financial history.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
• AZ POST (Arizona Peace Officers Standards and Training) certified officers may be eligible for lateral transfers after submitting an application and completing the physical agility assessment and the Phoenix Police Department background investigation.