Under close supervision, Police Recruits participate in a basic law enforcement training program, at the Sacramento Police Academy. Police Recruits gain an understanding of police procedures, law enforcement techniques, first aid, and acquire physical and emotional skills needed to successfully complete the police academy and may perform non-sworn, non-hazardous duties in support of a variety of police operations.
$43,741.78 – $50,636.56 Annually
5/31/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
• Learn and apply knowledge of the Sacramento Police Department's organization, chain of command, and rules and regulations.
• Learn, identify and emulate principles and techniques that promote community service, crime prevention, and appropriate behavior.
• Learn and apply knowledge of enforcement and procedural aspects of criminal law and the legal obligations inherent in enforcement of those laws.
• Learn and apply knowledge of proficient application of the rules of evidence. Receive training in and practice effective and professional communications through written, oral, and mechanical media.
• Learn to recognize vehicle violations, locating the violations in the Vehicle Code, and under supervision, safely and professionally contact the violator.
• Participate and assist in applying basic criminal investigation processes and techniques, including the identification, collection, and preservation of evidence, courtroom testimony, and witness interrogation.
• Learn and practice physical fitness and defense techniques programs.
• Learn and practice first-aid, including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation techniques.
• Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting in routine investigations; assisting in preparing non-injury police reports; assisting in responding to fire alarms, street hazards and found property calls; assisting in traffic and non-violent crowd control duties; as directed transporting citizens, personnel and equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
No experience required.
Must be at least 18 years of age by the time of appointment.
Must be a citizen of the United States by the date of appointment.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment.