Salary: $38.38 Hourly.
Candidates selected as a Police Recruit will be placed in a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved Basic Police Recruit Academy. Subject to successful completion of the Academy and selection process, the candidate may be hired as a Police Officer and provided the applicable salary and benefits for the position.
- High School graduation or equivalent or possession of a General Education Development Test (GED) certificate is required.
- An Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is highly desirable.
- Previous law enforcement experience is highly desirable.
- Possession of a valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- At least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.