Salary: $85,113.60 – $114,316.80 Annually.
Police Officers protect life and property through the enforcement of laws/ordinances and the provision of non-criminal services. Police Officers patrol an assigned beat to identify circumstances that indicate a threat to life or property and to take action to mitigate such threats.
- Equivalent to a high school diploma or recognized equivalent. Minimum age of 20.5 years at time of application.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to successfully complete a Peace Officer Background Investigation conducted by the Ontario Police Department.
- Candidates must possess a valid CA Class C driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment.
- Uncorrected vision of at least 20/80 each eye, corrected to 20/20 with glasses or contact lenses, and normal color vision.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States under federal law
- Some college level coursework in criminal justice administration or a related field.
- Some knowledge of modern police practices and methods; current laws and ordinances, particularly those of arrest, search, and seizure, and the geography of the City.
- Bilingual skills are highly desirable.