Closing Date: June 27, 2024.
Provide quality service to the citizens of Apache Junction which includes the protection and preservation of life and property and the maintenance of an environment where people feel safe from crime and disorder; investigate crime and perform crime prevention work; enforce Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Support City policies, goals and objectives and work with management and other staff to ethically achieve such goals and objectives; ensure compliance with safety procedures.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years old by the time of graduation from an Arizona police academy.
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from an Arizona police academy within six (6) months of application and obtain AZPOST certification as a Peace Officer within thirty (30) days of appointment.
- Candidates who are selected for appointment may be fingerprinted, if 18 or older.
- Successfully complete a background investigation, employment verification and may be subject to a drug/alcohol test, medical, polygraph and/or psychological evaluation.
- Candidates who are appointed will be required to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in Arizona.