If you are looking for a challenging career that is rewarding and helps invest in the community to continue to make it a safe and livable city, now is the time to apply with the Wichita Police Department.
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 07/05/20 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $22.80 Hourly
• Answering calls and complaints involving fire, automobile accidents, and misdemeanor and felony cases.
• Administering first aid, conducting preliminary investigations, gathering evidence, locating witnesses, making arrests, and taking prisoners to jail.
• Interviewing persons with complaints or inquiries and making proper disposition or directing them to proper authorities.
• Processing evidence, testifying as a witness in court, keeping records, and making reports.
• Using physical force effectively and appropriately.
• Using firearms safely and accurately.
• These examples are not intended to be all-inclusive.
• Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Experience and Training:
Must be 21 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, and possess a valid Kansas driver's license. Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D. certificate is required. An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered. Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment physical, which includes drug screening, and upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of a criminal record check.