6/30/2024 11:59 PM Eastern
We are hiring motivated individuals who are looking to start a career as a police officer. Once hired with our police department, and while a cadet in the Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Academy, you will receive a full-time salary and Town employee benefits.
We offer competitive pay, extensive training opportunities, and individualized career advancement planning. Additionally, officers have ample paid overtime and extra duty opportunities.
Our department offers opportunities to serve in a variety of divisions including patrol, investigations, K-9-unit, traffic, community services, as School Resource Officers, and on the Special Emergency Response Team. Unique to our department is our Crisis Unit which utilizes a co-responder model; officers and non-sworn crisis counselors collaborate and provide onsite emergency response to persons in crisis situations.
- May perform a variety of law enforcement duties such as responding to calls for service, enforcing traffic and criminal laws; and conducting high visibility patrols
- May perform investigations; conduct interviews; process crime scenes; and collect evidence
- May perform community policing activities.
- May perform specialized assignments such as quartermaster, career progression, community services, forensics and evidence, special events coordination and school resources.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Must meet the NC Department of Justice minimum standards for certification.
An equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
A high school diploma or its equivalent
No experience required for Police Officer I.
Maintain NC BLET certification
Possession of or the ability to obtain a valid driver’s license North Carolina issued by the state of NC and the availability of private transportation or the ability to provide transportation between job sites