2/23/2024 11:59 PM Mountain
Attends and successfully completes a Colorado P.O.S.T. training academy. Must past the Colorado P.O.S.T. certification test and obtain Colorado peace officer certification.
- Attends and successfully completes Certified Colorado Police Academy.
- Maintains physical fitness.
- Pass P.O.S.T. certification testing for the State of Colorado.
- Completes ride-a-longs with police officers during academy.
- Reviews personnel and department rules and regulations.
- Provides court testimony and case preparation for all cases including traffic, criminal or civil requiring the officer’s presence or the officer’s reports in municipal, state or federal court.
- Demonstrates a respectful attitude towards customers and coworkers that promotes teamwork, open communication, and effective customer service.
- Acts with the customer in mind, responds to requests promptly and provides effective services or solutions for customers.
- Exercises appropriate level of initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
Bachelor’s Degree and valid Colorado driver license required. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, ability to obtain certification in job related functions such as intoxilyzer, self-defense and arrest tactics, proficient in firearms, good health and fitness level.